- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
- For Hoyer and McCarthy, the Floor Dance is Getting Tense
- Joe Sestak Kicks Off Rematch With Pat Toomey
Mary Landrieu’s Kid Arrested on DWI Charges
Posted at 5:18 p.m. on June 13, 2013
Frank “Connor” Snellings, the 21-year-old son of Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., was arrested Thursday morning on charges of driving while intoxicated, hit-and-run driving and driving the wrong way on a one-way street in the French Quarter, as well as possession of an alcoholic beverage in the car and not maintaining proper control of the car, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported.
According to the Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office, the car Snellings was driving hit a pedestrian, who was not seriously injured. Snellings and a passenger were not hurt.
“We love our son wholeheartedly, but we are extremely disappointed by his irresponsible actions last night,” Landrieu told the Times-Picayune. “These actions have serious consequences both at home and in our legal system.”
Landrieu asked people “to respect his privacy as we work through this challenging time for our family.”
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here