- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Membership Has Its (Enduring) Privileges
Posted at 11:27 a.m. on May 9, 2013
An eagle-eyed Capitol Hill visitor spotted the vanity-plated Benz belonging to former Sen. Gordon H. Smith, R-Ore. — now head of the National Association of Broadcasters — cold-chilling in front of the Hart Senate Office Building on Wednesday.
While one of our colleagues pointed out that the lobbying curbs adopted by the 110th Congress pulled the plug on certain alumni parking privileges, a Senate aide told HOH there are exceptions to the rule.
“I do know that a ‘former senator permit’ does exist,” the aide said of the courtesy extended to former pols.
Must be nice …
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here