- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
Membership Has Its (Enduring) Privileges
Posted at 11:27 a.m. on May 9, 2013
An eagle-eyed Capitol Hill visitor spotted the vanity-plated Benz belonging to former Sen. Gordon H. Smith, R-Ore. — now head of the National Association of Broadcasters — cold-chilling in front of the Hart Senate Office Building on Wednesday.
While one of our colleagues pointed out that the lobbying curbs adopted by the 110th Congress pulled the plug on certain alumni parking privileges, a Senate aide told HOH there are exceptions to the rule.
“I do know that a ‘former senator permit’ does exist,” the aide said of the courtesy extended to former pols.
Must be nice …
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here