- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Messina Is the Italian-American Democrat of the Year
Posted at 4:37 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2013
President Barack Obama isn’t going to be the only ball belle. Obama for America campaign manager Jim Messina will finally get his moment in the sun, even if that sun is indoor lighting at Carmine’s Restaurant on Seventh Street.
On Sunday, Messina will be crowned 2012’s Italian-American Democrat of the Year by the Italian American Democratic Leadership Council. The council’s motto? “I’m Italian American and a Democrat. (Some people just have it all.)”
The party in his honor will be held at the family-style Italian restaurant from 4:30 pm to 6 pm. Messina will attend and accept his award in person.
Even better? The event is open to the public. If you would like to RSVP, do so at email@example.com.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here