- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
New York’s Grabbiest Pastry Chef
Posted at 5:42 p.m. on Jan. 17, 2013
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y., may excel at bringing home the bacon to the Empire State, but he’s apparently an absolute terror in the kitchen.
Just watch as the Chairman of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies snatches away a sample of Toma Celena (an Italian-style cheese produced by Cooperstown Cheese Company), dips his digit into the caramel-maple syrup sauce and tears into the apple pie mere seconds after the artfully arranged dessert is plated.
No need to consult with anyone at Hyde Park’s famed Culinary Institute of America: With those grabby mitts, Schumer wouldn’t last a single shift on a restaurant line anywhere.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here