- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Nick Troiano Goes on ‘Back to the Future’ Campaign With DeLorean
Posted at 7 a.m. on July 1
House hopeful Nick Troiano is hoping to secure his future this fall now by setting out on a comprehensive trek across Pennsylvania’s 10th congressional district in a tricked-out DeLorean.
The independent pol’s “Back to the Future” tour kicks off on Wednesday with a visit to Barrett’s Pub, a well-established restaurant owned and operated by Shirley Barrett, the newly minted mayor of Archbald, Pa. Troiano then plans to spend the rest of the month crisscrossing the district’s 15 counties in the iconic automobile — which, per his staff, has been provided as an in-kind donation by a supporter — as part of an uphill battle to unseat two-term Pennsylvania Republican Tom Marino.
Troiano’s planned trajectory includes:
- July 2 , 5 – 8 p.m., Barrett’s Pub/474 N. Main St., Archbald: Assorted Yelpers endorsed the pizza, parted company on the quality of the wings.
- July 3 , 11:30 – 1 p.m. , Mike’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant/Rt. 590 W., Lakeville: Family-run joint transplanted from New Jersey; per Yelp, it’s home to praiseworthy pies and incredibly garlicky subs.
- July 4, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., Emberz Restaurant/1 Lake Montrose Mall, Montrose: Local spot specializing in pizza, wings and all-you-can eat pasta.
- July 5, 11– 1 p.m., Anthony’s Bar and Grill/31 Canton St., Troy: “They’re always willing to accommodate your food requests (even vegetarian!),” counsels one TripAdvisor user.
- July 6, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Dale’s Café/3396 Pennsylvania 611, Bartonsville: Local eatery catering to daytime diners.
- July 11, 5 – 7 pm., Hull’s Landing/27 Pennsylvania 442, Muncy: One D.C.-Metro expat swears by their Chesapeake wings and Buffalo chicken-style dip.
- July 12, noon – 2 p.m., Vince’s Pizza/311 S. Logan Blvd., Burnham: Yelpers could do without the hit-or-miss pizza, but they seem to stomach breakfast OK.
- July 13, 11 – 1 p.m., Red Zone Sports Bar and Grille/34 Envision Dr., Mifflintown.
- July 14, 8 – 10 a.m., Bitting’s Restaurant/16 N. 2nd St., Newport.
- July 18, 11 – 1 p.m., Country Cupboard/101 Hafer Rd., Lewisburg.
- July 19, noon – 1:30 p.m., Rocco’s Pizza/8 Fisher Rd., Selinsgrove.
- July 20, 11:30 – 1:30 p.m., Pizza Town/530 S. Front St., Milton.
- July 25, 5 – 7 p.m., The Brick Tavern/224 Main St., Blossburg: Per Yelp, it’s a greasy spoon with good coffee and a legendary fish fry.
- July 26, 5 – 7:30 p.m., Sullivan County Roadhouse/4741 U.S. 220, Muncy Valley: According to Team TripAdvisor, service has been steadily declining since July 2012.
- July 27, 11 – 1 p.m., Milford Diner/301 Broad St., Milford: more love than hate for this vintage diner from Team TripAdvisor.
Dying to shoot a selfie in front of Doc Brown’s mischief-making ride but don’t see your town on the list?
“There is some flexibility in Troiano’s schedule for additional stops,” Troiano spokeswoman Rachel Vierling assures HOH. “We will also be using social media to ask potential voters places they suggest we visit while in each county.”
Meanwhile, Vierling hinted that the campaign has already looked into holding onto the head-turning whip for as long as needed.
“Nick is hoping we might be able to keep [it] on hand, just in case things don’t go as we plan in November,” she quipped.
Here’s hoping Team Troiano does not suffer the same fate as the McFly brood:
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here