- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
Overheard on the Hill
Posted at 7:13 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2013
“When God looked down on the Senate, he realized that the senators alone could never keep things running. He said, “I need a caretaker!” So, God made a chief of staff!”
Sen. Mike Lee, riffing on an old Paul Harvey bit, in order to honor his departing chief of staff, Spencer Stokes.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here