- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
Patrick Leahy Praises John Lewis’ New Project
Posted at 4:33 p.m. on July 17, 2013
Senate Judiciary chairman and avid graphic novel fan Patrick J. Leahy (yup, that’s really him in all those “Batman” flicks) took some time out from mulling the fate of the Voting Rights Act on Wednesday to show newly minted comic book “hero” Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., a little love.
“Thank you for the book that you signed to me in March. It will be seen by all five of my grandchildren,” Leahy assured Lewis, the civil rights leader who’s headed to Comic-Con this weekend to unveil “March,” the comic-book-style treatment of his life story.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here