- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Paul Ryan Suggests Burrito Brothers Over Tortilla Coast
Posted at 6:05 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2013
Watch out, Tortilla Coast. House Budget Chairman and restaurant staff alumnus Paul D. Ryan is recommending dinner at Burrito Brothers at 205 Pennsylvania Ave. SE as Capitol Hill awaits a budget deal.
Asked if he and Senate Budget Chairwoman Patty Murray, D-Wash., would announce a deal Tuesday evening, Ryan said, “I hope to … soon.”
What “soon” meant, Ryan wouldn’t say. “Don’t leave,” he suggested to reporters. “I’m going to have a late night. I don’t know about you guys.”
A reporter then asked if he could go to dinner. “Yeah, go to dinner. Nearby. Go to Burrito Brothers, it’s great,” Ryan replied.
Perhaps it was to wave off reporters from catching wind of any secret meetings at Tortilla Coast, the House GOP’s Mexican restaurant of choice at 440 First St. SE. We’re not privy to any easy-access Burrito Brothers basement for such a confab.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here