- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
Paul Ryan: Running Joke
Posted at 1:37 p.m. on Aug. 13, 2012
Veepstakes prognosticators have been hyper-focused on Wisconsin Republican Paul Ryan for quite some time now, even though he has remained hush-hush about the whole courting process.
But once presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney made it official over the weekend, EVERYONE began having fun with the No. 2 pick.
The One Million Strong for Barack Obama folks sure seemed to enjoy the news:
The long-dormant Paul Ryan Tumblr roared back to life, boasting six entries already today:
Confidence is high that the make-your-own Paul Ryan Gosling meme site will see an enormous uptick in traffic from now until Nov. 6. We’re partial to this tax-related love note:
And, of course, there are the parody Twitter accounts.
As opposed to the lighthearted Tumblr site, @PaulRyanGosling weaves swipes at conservative ideology into bawdy pickup lines:
• Hey girl, I know I’m only 42, but my ideas on women’s rights are over 500 years old.
• Hey girl, the only foreign policy experience I need is French kissing and Brazilian waxing.
The @PaulRyanVIP account is less romantic but even more ribald:
• It takes incredible boldness and bravery to f— the poor while blowing the rich. #RomneyRyan2012
Those interested in what the real Paul Ryan thinks about/is up to these days, should seek out his Romney campaign-controlled account, @PaulRyanVP. For more of a historical perspective, comb through his personal account, @RepPaulRyan.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here