- Why More Republicans Get Elected in Democratic States
- Christie Says GOP Shouldn't Back Down on Gay Marriage
- Warren Hits the Road for Democrats
- Are U.S. Elections Rigged?
- Quote of the Day
Pete Hoekstra’s Recklessly Spelled Ad
Posted at 5:19 p.m. on June 7, 2012
Former Rep. Pete Hoekstra is running for Senate and becoming one of the most entertaining Members of Congress in the process.
In this latest YouTube adventure, the Michigan Republican proves that no one can spell “reckless” like he can.
This screen grab is from his latest political video.
Sir, the first person you might consider hiring? A copywriter.
According to Urban Dictionary, “wreckless” — spelled without an “e” — has several meanings, including:
1. “Adding a ‘W’ to a defined word because of a lack of education and assumed meaning. The incorrect spelling of reckless”
2. “An idiot who puts all their hope and love into something or someone, when knowing the outcome is inevitable.”
3. “Talking jibberish”
Earlier this year, Hoekstra made news with Super Bowl ad featuring an Asian woman biking through a rice field and ragging on his opponent, Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow.
Last week, he was at it again when he proposed a two- to three-person federal agency to establish the citizenship, and therefore legitimacy, of the president of the United States.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here