- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Philanthropy Rewarded With Bowling Food
Posted at 11:58 p.m. on Feb. 6, 2012
Charity group Tracy’s Kids, a pediatric art therapy program, will this evening honor activist Barbara Grassley as its latest Courage Award recipient via a red-carpet gala catered by … Lucky Strike Lanes & Lounge.
Those who have yet to indulge in the Chinatown bowling alley’s culinary stylings are in for a one-to-four-star experience (depending on which Yelp review you choose to believe):
• “Classic Bacon Cheddar burger that turned out decent” (three cheers for decent grub!);
• “I thought the food was absolutely delicious for a non-restaurant place” (way to keep an open mind);
• “Once we were all drunk … it was the best pizza, chicken quesadillas, and french fries I have ever had” (Carpe Munchies); and
• “I’d highly recommend the beer tower. It is way cheaper than ordering single beers” (bottoms up!).
Grassley, a breast cancer survivor and the wife of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), joins a cadre of Congressional contributors who have been feted by the kid-friendly organization over the past seven years.
The roster of Courage Award alumni includes:
2011: Rep. Sue Myrick (R-N.C.)
2010: Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.)
2009: Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)
2008: Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.)
2007: Marcelle Leahy, wife of Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.)
2006: former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.)
A Tracy’s Kids aide said every sitting Member of Congress has been invited to the event and estimated that around a dozen had RSVP’d. Sen. Leahy and Reps. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) and Lamar Smith (R-Texas) are billed as the official hosts.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here