- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
- For Hoyer and McCarthy, the Floor Dance is Getting Tense
- Joe Sestak Kicks Off Rematch With Pat Toomey
- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
Before the Storm: Highlights Leading Up to the Congressional Baseball Game
Posted at 12:55 p.m. on June 14, 2013
Standing at the entrance to Nationals Park on Thursday evening afforded sightings of the big names and big quirks that convened for the 52nd Annual CQ Roll Call Congressional Baseball Game. Just a few highlights for the HOH reader’s viewing pleasure are below.
First off, don’t think for a second you can break out of the two-party system. It’s Republicans or Democrats all the way:
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., accepts an official game program from Mary Cadwallader.
Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., rocks boat shoes, mini cargo shorts and hardcore sock marks around his calves. But we can’t fault him; a man’s got to wear socks some of the time.
Staffers Rebecca Nathanson and Karen De Los Santos were ready to root for their boss, Rep. Adam “Adam Bomb” Smith, D-Wash.
And finally, what would a game in Nationals Stadium be without the mascots?
Here’s to next year.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here