- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
Homesick South Dakotans Take Heart, Taco John Is on the Way
Posted at 10:21 a.m. on April 22, 2014
Midwesterners desperately in need of a Taco John’s fix should strap on their hungry pants on May 10.
That’s when members of the South Dakota State Society will once again crank out mountains of the take-out joint’s signature Potato Ole (that’s specially seasoned potato crowns to you and me, Russ) to feed the homesick masses.
The sixth annual fundraiser is scheduled to take place at the US-Asia Institute (232 East Capitol St. NE) some time in the afternoon.
Can’t wait to have your fellow Mount Rushmore Staters fling deep-fried spuds down your throat?
Warm up for the West-Mex fiesta by giving homemade Potato Oles a go.
According to Food.com contributor Annabel31, the secret to the signature flavor is, well, no secret at all. Her copycat condiment calls for little more than seasoned salt, paprika, ground cumin and crushed red pepper.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here