- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Prayer, to No Avail
Posted at 7:30 p.m. on March 3, 2013
If one believes in prayer, then the sequester didn’t have to come to pass.
Prayer warrior Rocky Twyman of the Pray at the Pump movement marched to the Capitol the day before the sequester hit, hoping to raise his voice with fiscally frustrated lawmakers anxious to circumvent the anticipated across-the-board budget cuts.
Turns out supplicants were in short supply.
“Our attempts to get congresspersons to pray were futile. Everybody had excuses,” he told HOH. “Congress is gone for the weekend. Nobody cares about us.”
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here