- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
Rand Paul Just Wants Bipartisan Coffee … and Maybe Some Photos of It
Posted at 3:58 p.m. on Oct. 2, 2013
In these difficult times, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has asked his colleagues to join him Thursday for a nice, leisurely, comity-building bipartisan coffee … on the Capitol steps. Where anyone can take photographs.
Two Democratic sources passed along Paul’s “Dear Colleague” invitation, which was distributed over the Democratic Senate schedulers Listserv. Hopefully those schedulers are essential and still checking email!
“Rand Paul appointing himself the arbiter of bipartisanship is like Miley Cyrus appointing herself the arbiter of modesty,” says one of our snarky sources.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here