- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
Rangel Kinda Sues Boehner
Posted at 4:27 p.m. on April 23, 2013
HOH loves any good story that begins with the phrase “Eyebrows raised on Capitol Hill,” particularly when it concerns two old bulls such as Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y., and Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, and a lawsuit!
Such is the case with this post by our own David M. Drucker about the lawsuit filed by Rangel seeking to vacate his censure by the Ethics Committee from a few years ago. It turns out that while, yes, Boehner is named in the suit, he’s not really the intended target. Instead, the suit takes aim at the bipartisan committee, which was then led by Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif. Rangel claims the House was “knowingly deceived” by members of the ethics panel.
Of course, Lofgren is no longer the Ethics chairwoman (or on the panel at all). Chalk it up to reason #3,452 that the Ethics committee chairmanship, as members all know, is the most thankless job in Congress.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here