- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Rangel Suggests Nuking Poverty, Not Syria
Posted at 4:38 p.m. on Sept. 6, 2013
Korean War veteran Rep. Charles B. Rangel has taken to cyberspace to plead his case for the battle he’d rather see waged than the planned attack on Syria.
We should wage war – not in Syria but here in US against poverty. That’s in our true best interest & a war I’d gladly support.
— Charles Rangel (@cbrangel) Sept. 6
The New York Democrat used the latest jobs report to call on President Barack Obama and his fellow lawmakers to focus on decimating domestic “poverty, joblessness, homelessness, income-inequality, and hunger” rather than raining down missiles on the Middle East.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here