- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
- Rand Paul in for the 'Long Haul' — But Can He Make It That Far?
Rangel Suggests Nuking Poverty, Not Syria
Posted at 4:38 p.m. on Sept. 6, 2013
Korean War veteran Rep. Charles B. Rangel has taken to cyberspace to plead his case for the battle he’d rather see waged than the planned attack on Syria.
We should wage war – not in Syria but here in US against poverty. That’s in our true best interest & a war I’d gladly support.
— Charles Rangel (@cbrangel) Sept. 6
The New York Democrat used the latest jobs report to call on President Barack Obama and his fellow lawmakers to focus on decimating domestic “poverty, joblessness, homelessness, income-inequality, and hunger” rather than raining down missiles on the Middle East.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here