- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
Rest in Peace, Dakota
Posted at 12:51 p.m. on Feb. 25, 2013
The Senate’s best known pup, Dakota, has passed away.
Dakota, ex-Sen. Kent Conrad’s, D-N.D., beloved bichon frise, had been suffering from lymphoma for more than a year. Often referred to as the “101st Senator” during Conrad’s time in the Senate, Dakota died from complications from the disease, the Grand Forks Herald reports.
During tense negotiations, of which there were quite a few in recent years, he seemed to act as a therapy pup for stressed-out lawmakers, staff and reporters.
“He was such a jaunty, confident and happy little dog, and he was cute — he just put a smile on people’s faces,” Conrad told the Grand Forks Herald. “And so that’s how I’ll remember him.”
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here