Rose’s Luxury Puts Barracks Row on National Dining Map
Posted at 2:33 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2014
Capitol Hill diners, your secret’s out.
If anyone thought scoring a table at critical darling Rose’s Luxury (717 Eight St. SE) was crazy hard before, good luck snagging a seat now that chef Aaron Silverman is in the running for a prestigious James Beard Foundation Award.
The captivating locale, which debuted last fall, is one of 30 semi-finalists vying for the coveted Best New Restaurant prize. The winner will be revealed in New York City on May 2 and 5.
Other D.C.-metro entities in contention for the nationwide honors include:
- The Columbia Room – Outstanding Bar Program
- Rogue 24 – Outstanding Bar Program
- Neighborhood Restaurant Group pastry chef Tiffany MacIsaac – Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Jaleo – Outstanding Restaurant
- Vidalia – Outstanding Restaurant
- Knightsbridge Restaurant Group founder Ashok Bajaj – Outstanding Restaurateur
- Komi – Outstanding Service
- Marcel’s – Outstanding Service, Outstanding Wine Program
- CityZen – Outstanding Wine Program
- Ripple/Roofers Union chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley – Rising Star Chef of the Year
- Restaurant Eve chef/founder Cathal Armstrong – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
- Iron Gate chef Anthony Chittum – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
- Proof chef Haidar Karoum – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
- Patowmack Farm chef Tarver King – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
- Mintwood Place chef/founder Cedric Maupillier – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
- Rasika chef Vikram Sunderam – Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic
Congrats to all the nominees.
Best of luck in the finals!