- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
‘Schoolhouse Rock!’ Celebrates 40 Years With Show at the Kennedy Center
Posted at noon on Jan. 4, 2013
With all the partisan posturing going over on Capitol Hill during the past few weeks, it’s easy to forget the legislative process can sometimes be fun.
And what better way to remind you of that than watching that timeless “Schoolhouse Rock!” episode “I’m Just a Bill?”
Well, Capitol Hill wonks, you’re in luck. The educational series is celebrating its 40th anniversary this weekend with a free performance of some of the show’s most beloved educational tunes on the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage.
The show’s former musical director, Bob Dorough will join Rocknoceros, a local children’s band, for a sing-along at 6 p.m. on Sunday.
We only hope the song’s line “Listen to those congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?” doesn’t bring up PTSD from this week’s fiscal cliff kerfuffle.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here