- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
Schumer Seeks New Alpha After Miller Calls It Quits
Posted at 12:37 p.m. on Jan. 13, 2014
After learning that the guy who’s kept a roof over his head in D.C. for years — Rep. George Miller, D-Calif. — will be stepping down at the end of this Congress, Sen. Charles E. Schumer wasted no time recruiting a new roomie.
Seeking roommate. 20 terms in the House & unmatched legislative record preferred. Lover of cold cereal a must. http://t.co/oHy8z7wrKR
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 13, 2014
The New York Democrat, one of the inhabitants of the group house that inspired the satirical Web series “Alpha House,” tweeted out his desire to bunk with another long-standing lawmaker who also appreciates the creature comforts.
No word yet on how Miller’s retirement will affect his colleagues’ living arrangements here in the District.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here