- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
‘Senator Cash’ Campaigns at Comic-Con
Posted at 6:22 p.m. on July 21, 2013
SAN DIEGO — A faux politician, displaying the savvy of Willie Sutton and showmanship of P.T. Barnum, this weekend threw a little cold water in the faces of the sea of humanity gleefully floating around Comic-Con.
The theatrically inclined protestor — in reality a fed-up 99 percenter — adopted the graft-friendly persona to lobby in support of the electorate-splitting Keystone XL pipeline.
The veteran rabblerouser even papered passersby with buck-shaped leaflets bearing revelatory quotes from real-life Sen. Richard J. Durbin, D-Ill., and former Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, about the congressional need to continually fill campaign coffers.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here