- McConnell Loans $1.8 Million to His Campaign
- What Happened to the GOP Lawsuit Against Obama?
- Begich Holds Double-Digit Lead in Alaska
- Gohmert Says Gays Getting Massages Make U.S. Vulnerable
- Perdue Signs a Woman's Body
Shutdown Nearly Kills Z-Burger
Posted at 4:01 p.m. on Oct. 4, 2013
Z-Burger to Feds: Make it stop.
Since Z-Burger announced its shutdown special — a free burger for furloughed federal workers — the local chainlet has served up 15,840 gratis burgers, a retail equivalent of about $88,000, The The Wall Street Journal’s Washington Wire blog reports.
“It literally almost put me out of business,” Z-Burger owner Peter Tabibian told the WSJ. To wit, he shut down the promotion on Thursday.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here