- Democratic Floodgates Open for Maryland House Seat
- Michigan Congresswoman Won't Run for Re-Election (Updated) (Video)
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
Silly Signs in Congress
Posted at 4:41 p.m. on July 18, 2012
The Capitol complex is littered with silly signs on the daily.
Two eagle-eyed staffers sent us these gems today:
A sign outside the office of Arizona Rep. Trent Franks (R) asks that American taxpayers with a penchant with spontaneity step away from his office door.
“If you have an appointment or are Hill staff please knock,” the sign asks. “If not please call our office.”
Ten dollars to the smart-arse American who stands outside Franks’ office, calls the number on the sign from a portable cellular telephonic device and politely asks to the staffer to open the door.
Chinese Dog to Be Served in Cannon Carryout
Don’t worry, y’all.
The Cannon Carryout isn’t actually serving dog, so sit back down, Mr. President. It just happens to be National Hot Dog Month, and the House is getting all gourmand on us.
It is also National Pickle Month, which is great news for every American.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here