- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Softball: Susan Davis Gets Stitches, Likely Out for Season
Posted at 4:48 p.m. on May 21, 2013
Rep. Susan A. Davis, D-Calif., injured her hand so severely last week at softball practice that her ability to play in her team’s big game on June 26 is in question.
The injury, sources say, was a bit of a freak accident. It occurred when she was taking batting practice from one of the team’s coaches. She now sports six stitches in her right hand.
Davis is a part of the female members’ team that takes on a team of female Washington reporters each June. The fierce rivalry raises money for the Young Survival Coalition, a breast cancer charity.
“My staff is proud that I have my first sports injury,” Davis said through a spokesman on Tuesday. “I look forward to seeing the new members of Congress take on the press this June.”
Disclosure: The author of this post is a co-captain of the Bad News Babes, the press team.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here