- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Steny Hoyer’s Daughter Officially Comes Out
Posted at 5:22 p.m. on June 6, 2012
Stefany Hoyer Hemmer, the 43-year-old daughter of Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), told the Washington Blade she is a lesbian — an announcement precipitated, at least in part, by her father’s recent endorsement of same-sex marriages.
Hemmer is very candid about her sexual orientation and her excitement about marriage equality in the exhaustive interview.
Hoyer seems totally supportive of his daughter’s political stance.
“I’m pleased that Stefany is adding her voice to those across Maryland and the country calling for marriage equality,” Hoyer told the Blade. “This is about ensuring all families receive equal treatment under the law. As more people speak out, the more momentum this effort gains to give every family the dignity and respect they deserve.”
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here