- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Swalwell Fans the Flames of Bipartisanship
Posted at 5:38 p.m. on May 23, 2013
Freshman Rep. Eric Swalwell rolled out the welcome mat in the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday night, inviting fellow occupants of the fifth floor to what turned out to be a widely attended cookout.
A Swalwell aide said the California Democrat wound up grilling more than 100 hot dogs, bratwursts, vegetarian burgers and smoked chicken wings, the latter being donated by neighbor Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga.
“I’d estimate 12 offices were represented,” the Swalwell aide said of the BYOB gathering sprinkled with appearances by fellow penthouse dwellers Collins, Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, Keith Rothfus, R-Pa., Alan Lowenthal, D-Calif., and Doug LaMalfa, R-Calif.
Sounds like the gang had such a good time, they might give it a go again real soon.
“We’re hoping for a repeat!” the Swalwell aide said, adding, “A few other offices have offered to host a future BBQ.”
Count us in.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here