- Democratic Floodgates Open for Maryland House Seat
- Michigan Congresswoman Won't Run for Re-Election (Updated) (Video)
- What the 'Big Ten' Tells Republicans They Need in 2016
- How a Tea Party Favorite May Influence Mississippi Race
- Van Hollen May Not Have Field to Himself (Updated)
Team Polis Treated to Barnyard Christmas
Posted at 4:24 p.m. on Dec. 16, 2013
Rep. Jared Polis pulled out all the stops for this year’s office Christmas party, hosting nearly three dozen holiday revelers — along with a traveling petting zoo — at his Capitol Hill home on Dec. 12.
According to an HOH tipster, the Colorado Democrat allowed guests to spend a few hours getting up close and personal with a slew of cuddly animals, including: bunnies, ducks, sheep, goats, a llama and a mini pig named Junior.
There was even a mini horse on hand for everyone to fawn over.
Team Polis did not respond to multiple emails seeking clarification about the furry party favors. So we may never know whether the pint-sized steed procured by Polis was as revered by those present as NBC’s equine superstar Li’l Sebastian.
But at least one attendee was floored by the entire experience.
“It must be nice to work for a really rich member of Congress who likes to do fun things with his money,” the party-going spy suggested.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here