- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Thank God It’s … Rib Day?
Posted at 12:17 p.m. on Sept. 21, 2012
It would appear that Rep. Louie Gohmert is transplanting his famous barbecue from his office balcony to the Speaker’s Lobby.
A fellow scribe reports the Texas Republican carted in a smorgasbord of his signature ribs — “It’s an annual thing,” a Gohmert aide said of the regular meat-fest — to the area just outside the House floor. Nice way to ring in the recess!
Gohmert’s peeps declined to share the Congressman’s closely guarded recipe, revealing only that “it’s his conservative spin on LBJ’s famous rib recipe.”
Sounds like the spread is quite intoxicating.
“Smells like cinnamon,” our spy shared.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here