- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
- Remembrance of Shutdowns Past
The Maine Event
Posted at 1:20 p.m. on April 23, 2013
Nearly two dozen hospitality vendors — including breweries, distilleries and celeb-endorsed sweets-makers — will give homesick New Englanders what they’ve been missing most during Tuesday night’s Taste of Maine reception in the Russell Senate Office Building.
The inaugural event, sponsored by the Maine Chamber of Commerce, is invite-only and is expected to be restricted to Senate staff and select media.
Featured producers include: Maine Distilleries LLC, the booze crew behind Cold River vodkas (regular and blueberry) and gin, award-winning Cellardoor Winery (we love a good Barbera), canned-beer evangelists Baxter Brewing Co. and seasonal tastemakers Shipyard Brewing Co.
Attendees will also be privy to imported lobster bisque, lobster cakes and Wicked whoopee pies — a dessert born in Gardiner, Maine, and loved on by Oprah in 2003.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here