- New DCCC Chairman Rides on Air Force One
- DSCC Announces 2016 Staff Roster
- Freshman Class Filled With Losers
- Democrats Look for Comebacks From Members Ousted in 2010
- Kelly Ward Will Stay on as DCCC Executive Director
Top 8 Things We Hope Ben Smith Asks Marco Rubio
Posted at 1:08 p.m. on Feb. 5, 2013
Viral vid haven BuzzFeed is getting all journalistic on Tuesday evening, pinning down Sen. Marco Rubio at 201 Bar for the debut of political Q&A series dubbed “BuzzFeed Brews.”
The media circus will be emceed by former CQ Roll Caller cum BuzzFeed Washington Bureau Chief John Stanton, while BuzzFeed Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith will attempt to peel the onion that is the GOP’s great off-white hope.
Given that the Florida Republican has been interviewed ad nauseam since the tea party catapulted him to Capitol Hill in late 2010, and again this past summer when White House hopeful Mitt Romney flirted with the idea of diversifying his flagging campaign, here’s hoping Smith et al. will hit Rubio with some left-of-center inquiries, including:
1) Why DO people care about politics?
2) When the time comes, are you prepared to prom-bomb Amanda and/or Daniella?
3) What did President Barack Obama have to gain by delaying the Super Bowl for 35 minutes?
4) Yea or nay on crippling criminals in public?
5) More fun: drinking or crick stomping?
6) Crummiest concert you’ve ever attended?
7) Least likely to show at the next “BuzzFeed Brews”: Fidel Castro or Sen. Al Franken?
8) Did my water break?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here