- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Vote for Your Favorite Capitol Quip
Posted at 3:04 p.m. on Jan. 22, 2014
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. ET Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- We may be trailing, but we’re gaining on you.
- I know we’ve had our differences, but can we stop for a bathroom break?
- This is the Tea Party! Please pull over. You have exceeded the spending limit.
- We were expecting AAA.
- Drop the baggage and come out of the bus with your hands out of the taxpayers’ pockets!
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Jan. 26 and in the following print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here