- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Welcoming a Baby Wyden
Posted at 6:45 p.m. on Nov. 30, 2012
The new baby girl, Scarlet Willa Wyden, was born Thursday morning at a hospital in Portland, Ore. She is the third child for Wyden and his wife Nancy Bass Wyden, according to The Associated Press in Portland. Wyden also has children from a previous marriage.
The senator’s wife is in her early 50s, making the pregnancy somewhat unexpected, which the Wydens noted earlier this year.
“Yes, it sounds incredible, but YES Nancy is pregnant!” Wyden wrote in an email to his staff back in May, according to KATU.
“For Nancy and I, this is as good as it gets,” he added at the time. The 63-year old Wyden underwent surgery in December 2010 for early stage prostate cancer, but he returned to work when the Senate reconvened for votes in late January 2011. This is Wyden’s fifth child, his third with Nancy.
HOH has reached out to a Wyden spokesman, but has yet to receive baby photos.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here