- Despite Fattah Indictment, Don't Expect a Scramble for His Seat
- House Democrats Going Good Cop, Bad Cop Against GOP
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
Where You’re Treated Like (First) Family
Posted at 1:21 p.m. on Feb. 10, 2012
First lady Michelle Obama’s first stop in Fort Worth, Texas, on Thursday? The Olive Garden.
Well, we hear that when you’re there, you’re family, so we guess it makes sense. According to Thursday’s White House pool report, the FLOTUS went straight from the airport to the chain Italian restaurant for a “Let’s Move!” event. The first lady and Assistant White House Chef Sam Kass broke bread with eight parents. At dinner, the group talked about making healthy choices in the midst of busy lives.
According to the pool report, Obama and her guests ordered off a set menu, complete with calorie counts. She had salad (100 calories), minestrone soup (100 calories), Venetian apricot chicken (400 calories), and limoncello mousse with vanilla cookie crust (230 calories). No word on whether the first lady played dodge ball with Jimmy Fallon after dinner to work off the calories.
Submit your hot tips and juicy gossip. Send us your anonymous tips here